Kiwi-ized version of a Sri Lankan creamy coconut tuna curry
- 500gr Fresh Tuna cut into 5cm x 5cm cubes
- 1 sliced brown or white onion
- 2 sliced green chillies
- 1 tbsp lime/ lemon juice
- 1'' Heirloom Ceylon Cinnamon stick ( or 1/2 tsp Heirloom Ceylon Cinnamon powder)
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Garcinia Cambogia powder
- 400ml Kokonati Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp red chillie powder ( for spicy version)
- salt to taste
- Wash tuna with lime/lemon juice and cool water
- Use a wide pan place fish cubes without overlapping each other
- Add all ingredients and enough water (1/2 cup) to cover the tuna pieces, retaining half the coconut milk to add at the end for extra creaminess. If creaminess is not a must, all the coconut milk may be added at once too.
- Bring to boil quickly and simmer over low heat ( approx 25-30 minutes) until the curry starts to thicken slightly and the fish is cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice or toasted bread.