- 2 tbsp [30ml] Kokonati Wild Kithul Treacle or Kokonati Coconut Nectar
- 2 tbsp [30ml] Kokonati Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp ground Cacao Raw Beans or cacao/ cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp [30ml] Kokonati Toasted Coconut Butter or Raw peanut butter
- 1 tsp Kokonati Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 cup Kokonati Coconut Flour or 1 cup ground almonds or 1/2 cup of each mixed if preferred.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 200 gr dark chocolate
Coating -optional- but looks pretty!
- Desiccated Coconut chopped pistachios/ cashes/ almonds, chia seeds
- Food processor
- Deep bowl to mix up the ingredients before shaping the energy balls
- Baking tray lined with baking paper that fits in your refrigerator
- Heatproof dish to melt the dark chocolate
- Deep square boxes with preferred coating ingredients to shake and roll the shaped energy balls
Soak dates in boiling water for 5 -10 minutes
Place drained dates in the food processor, add coconut flour ( or ground almond or mix) , ground cacao( or cocoa powder), coconut oil, treacle( or nectar), toasted coconut butter ( or peanut butter), chia seeds, vanilla bean powder.
Blitz until smooth, scraping down sides until a thick mixture is formed.
Gently stir through the cup of puffed rice
With wet hands, take spoonfulls of mixture and roll into balls and place on the baking tray .
Once all the mixture is rolled up, refrigerate the balls for an hour to firm up.
Meanwhile melt the dark cooking chocolate and coconut oil together in a heatproof dish standing it over hot water or microwave for short bursts of 10-20 sec until the chocolate is melted and can be stirred into a smooth consistency ( do not heat for long periods at one go as chocolate gets denatured and splits)
Using a skewer and toothpick pierce the refrigerated and cooled energy balls and place individually in the warm chocolate and oil mix .
Then place the chocolate dipped balls in the coating boxes with preferred coating ingredient - coconut/ chopped buts / chia seeds together or separated
Place coated balls back on the tray and refrigerate until chocolate is set
Store in airtight container in the fridge for upto 1 week