Gluten-free Vegan bread
- ¼ cup Kokonati Organic Coconut flour
- 3 tbsp Kokonati Organic Virgin Coconut oil melted
- 1½ tbsp Kokonati Organic Coconut Nectar
- ½ - 1 tsp Heirloom Pepper powder
From other grocery shopping
- 2-3 cups filtered water use as needed
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp chia seed ground
- 1½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- small pinch of dried tarragon
- 9 X 5 in bread loaf pan lined with baking paper
- Large & small mixing bowl
Measure the nuts/seeds first, and soak the overnight ones. Drain and spread on an absorbent tea towel or napkin to dry excess moisture.
In a food processor grind flax & chia seeds until fine. Grind together almonds, sunflower seeds, until a moist crumbly powder is formed.
Place grounds seeds and nuts in a large mixing bowl and combine with the other dry ingredients (oats, pumpkin seeds, psyllium husk, sesame seeds, coconut flour)
Now combine contents of the small mixing bowl with the contents of the large mixing bowl, adding more water if required to form a doughy texture. Stir until well combined- the psyllium husk, chia, flax seeds, and coconut flour will rapidly absorb the water and create a dough texture
Pour the dough mixture into the prepared bread loaf pan.
Evenly spreading the mixture and press down until firm and flat on the top.
Let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours (or more). This is important as the chia seeds, flax seeds, psyllium, and coconut flour will have more time to absorb the liquid and soften.
Preheat oven to 170 °C
Bake for 60 minutes, remove bread loaf pan .
Gently flip the hot (fragile) brad onto a tea towel and place the bread loaf (without the pan) directly onto the baking rack in the centre of the oven, bake for an additional 40-60 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
Let cool at room temperature before slicing
Store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
You can also freeze this loaf in individual slices.