3 ingredients to mix and quickly make a healthy snack/ slice / energy-ball, that adults and children can enjoy!
- 1cup white sesame seeds
- Cookie tray
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin/ spatula
- Mixing bowl and wooden spoon or
- Food processor with dough hook ( optional)
- Lightly toast sesame seeds until golden
- Lightly toast desiccated coconut until golden
- Mix with Jam while still warm using the wooden spoon in a mixing bowl or in food processor as preferred
- Keep mixture between 2 layers of the baking paper on the cookie sheet
- Roll/ flatten into a square by folding the bottom baking paper to the size you want the layer to be while flattening it. A thickness of about 1 cm is good for the layer. You can go as thin or thick as you want to.
- You can also roll it into little energy balls if you prefer to get it done quicker with less equipment.
- Chill layer for about an hour before slicing into preferred size.
- Wrap in squares of baking paper to take it on the go!
Alter amounts of the ingredients to your taste. As long as it is mixed while still warm and holds together when mixing it will set when chilled. You could even add other seeds/ dried fruts or chopped nuts though we would strongly suggest giving the sesame and dried coconut 'only' combination a go first! It is a very light yet nutritious snack!