Soft 'White' Coconut bread
Soft 'white' Coconut bread completely gluten-free!
- 500 gr [Kokonati Organic Creamed Coconut (Butter)|https://www.ceylonkokonati.co.nz/product/organic-creamed-coconut-500gr/]
- 1 tbsp Kokonati Organic Coconut Cider Vinegar
- 12 Egg whites at room temperature
- Or whole eggs 6 whole large eggs
- Or egg white powder 6 tablespoons egg white powder and 1 cup + 2 tablespoons lukewarm filtered water
- 3/4 tsp Unprocessed salt 3/4 teaspoon
- 1 tsp Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Choose your loaf size—small or large. Line the pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides as handles. Have all ingredients at room temperature.
In a food processor or mixing bowl, add coconut butter, egg whites (or whole eggs or egg white powder and water), salt, and baking soda. Mix until very smooth and creamy.
Add the vinegar and mix well. The dough will be the consistency of pancake batter. Pour the dough into the baking pan.
Bake a 7 x 3-inch loaf for 30 to 35 minutes, a 9 x 5-inch loaf for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan 45 – 60 minutes before removing it and slicing. It slices even easier when chilled.
Above recipe was an adaptation of the original recipe we found on http://janeshealthykitchen.com/paleo-fluffy-white-bread/.
We used our own Kokonati ingredients to see if it worked and it did. Wonderfully!
Thank you for coming up with such an amazing recipe that we could adapt and use too, Jane !