Coconut Aminos is a healthy condiment!
Coconut Amino is made from 3 organic ingredients:
Coconut sap that is aged to become a cider/toddy Vinegar
Coconut nectar to give the rich color and depth to the flavor
& Sea salt
Coconut Aminos’ rich in 17 types of amino acids contains all nine ‘essential’ amino acids .
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein,aiding in the formation of haemoglobin, according to the Nutritional Supplement Educational Centre. Haemoglobin transports oxygen and antibodies to help the immune system fight against infections.
Amino acids promote tissue health and maintenance, serve as neurotransmitters or are used in detoxification and metabolic function.
Coconut Aminos’ also contain 65 minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, sulphur, boron, zinc, manganese and copper. It is rich in potassium too. Potassium is important in balancing electrolytes, controlling high blood pressure and metabolizing sugar Phosphorus works with Calcium to build bones and facilitates your body’s ability to use other nutrients. Iron is critical for the creation of red blood cells and is essential in the production of cellular energy. Copper- one of the components in red blood cell formation, is a mineral that also assists your body with iron absorption. Magnesium is important in nerve and muscle function and is essential in every major biological process in your body.
Is Coconut Aminos sauce healthier compared to Soy Sauce
Coconut trees grow in rich volcanic soil, contributing to the aminos’ high mineral content . Coconut sap ( the main ingredient in Aminos) contains 17 health-promoting amino acids, broad-spectrum B vitamins, vitamin C, and naturally occurring FOS (a probiotic that promotes digestive health). It has been found that Coconut aminos may contain upto 14 times the amino acids found in Soy sauce.
With the added benefit of being soy- gluten free .
It also does not contain MSG – Not added or naturally occurring. When Soy sauces are labelled ‘NO added MSG’, it simply means that no MSG is added in production, it occurs naturally in the soy sauce with its fermentation process. The coconut aminos do not self-form MSG so it completely MSG free, added or otherwise!
KOKONATI Coconut Aminos are truly delicious , a natural probiotic because of its natural aging process in heirloom vats which contain the mother vinegar. We only harvest our coconut sap at the right maturity,only Pure Ceylon hand-picked coconuts are used in the production of KOKONATI 100% Organic Coconut Aminos
Coconut Aminos’ are subtle enough to flavor even delicate sauces, unlike most soy sauces that can overpower the other flavors.
Suitable for Western , middle- Eastern, Asian and every other cuisine in between!
KOKONATI Coconut Aminos can be used as …
- a flavor enhancer/ condiment – Nutritional Benefits
- a 100% pure and Natural product with no artificial additives or preservatives unlike other flavor enhancing sauces that can be found in the market.
- soy sauce replacement by people with dietary restrictions eg: gluten intolerant & vegans. Due to its low glycaemic index (GI of only 35), Coconut Aminos’ are a healthier alternative even for diabetic patients.
- an ideal sauce for people who are weight conscious, it is very low in calories & increases satiety (the feeling of fullness) which in turn reduces the amount of food consumed.
Benefits of using it…
- Coconut Aminos’ contains high mineral content especially abundant in potassium, Beta-Carotene, calcium, sodium, magnesium, Iron, phosphorous and also contains anti-oxidants. These and other minerals form compounds in the body that convert acidic body fluids into alkaline fluids. These are known as alkalizing minerals. Coconut Aminos have an alkalizing effect in the body, much the same as Coconut cider, apple cider vinegar.
- Coconut Aminos’ contains broad-spectrum B vitamins, vitamin C, and naturally occurring FOS (a prebiotic that promotes digestive health , Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) are starches that the human body cannot fully digest. Inulin and galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) are similar substances When a person consumes FOS, the undigested portions provide nourishment for bacteria in the digestive tract. “Friendly” bacteria ( probiotics ) may respond particularly well to this nourishment. Because FOS feed probiotics, they are sometimes called a “prebiotic.” Low doses of FOS are often provided along with probiotic supplements to aid their growth. High doses of FOS (and related substances) have been advocated for a variety of health conditions. More scientific evidence about the benefits are being extensively researched.
- Coconut Aminos’ contains no cholesterol or fat and can be safely consumed by people with heart conditions & high cholesterol.
Please note that this information is for general knowledge only and must not be used to treat or diagnose health concerns . These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.