Versatile Banu’s homemade Butter chicken gravy won “BRONZE” from the Outstanding NZ Food Producer awards 2022 out of 400 plus products that were in the running.
Four steps to make the best butter chicken curry:
- Sauté 1kg of your desired protein/ vegetable / tofu / paneer in a pan till it is cooked fully.
- Add this jar of Butter Chicken Gravy to your sautéed ingredients and mix well.
- Add ½ – 1 cup of hot water, mix well, check salt add if desired.
- Bring to one rolling boil, then remove from heat. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.
Finishing the curry
- If you are using yogurt whisk well (or else it will split), add little by little taste and stop when you are happy with the taste.
- If you are using coconut cream, shake well, add a little taste and add more if required stop when you are happy with the taste profile.
DON’T ADD TOO MUCH WATER AS THE COCONUT CREAM/ CREAM OR YOGHURT WILL DILUTE THE CURRY FURTHER. SLOWLY ADD CREAM OR COCONUT CREAM OR YOGHURT AND KEEP CHECKING THE TASTE STOP WHEN IT REACHES THE DESIRED TASTE AND CONSISTENCY.
1. The sauces in the fridge will stay well for a month.
2. Once you open it is highly recommended that you make the full curry and freeze the curry instead of leaving half a jar in the fridge as it has no preservatives or other ingredients to enhance the shelf life.
3. Please enjoy the sauce soon as it is super fresh with no nasties.
1. All sauces will be shipped in food grade pouches which are easy to freeze. This is to avoid glass shattering in transit.
2. Please refrigerate upon receiving your order.
Ingredients Canola Oil, Peanuts, Chili, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Sesame Oil, salt.
CONTAINS ALLERGENS: PEANUTS & SESAME
Free from seafood, MSG, palm oil, preservatives, vinegar, gluten, soy, artificial colors and sugar. Handmade in small batches in Banu’s kitchen, from local and imported, clean and simple ingredients.
Store Airtight at room temperature.
Avoid wet/moist spoon or cross-contaminated spoon.