Use clean, organic, and natural household cleaning products for a healthier lifestyle.
When it comes to living a healthy and natural lifestyle, what you clean your everyday household and laundry items with, is just as important as what you put on and inside your body. The skin is porous, so it directly absorbs anything you put on it without processing it further. Unlike the liver, kidney, and other organs which can detoxify what you consume further, removing harsh toxins and synthetic elements that can harm the body. Using harsh cleaning liquids can cause more harm than good for your skin and your household! The developing organs of babies and children are particularly sensitive to chemicals so it is especially important to use safe cleaning products to wash their everyday useable.
What you put on your skin, your dishes and laundry do end up inside your body. So check the ingredients in your household-cleaning-care routine otherwise harmful ingredients such as harsh, toxic chemicals, colours, and fragrances can enter your body, your blood, and your lymphatic system. Most mainstream cleaning products contain a cocktail of carcinogenic chemicals, allergens, and irritants. So must do’s before choosing any cleaning product:
1. Choose certified organic and natural cleaning products.
2. Read labels and get informed about what ingredients to avoid.
3. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t use it!
Coconut and olive oils, and washing soda in our Kokonati all-in-one cleaning liquid castile soap provide the effective yet safe cleaning your household and laundry deserves. Liquid castile soap is known to be a low allergy and is suitable for those who frequently clean things around the house, esp without using gloves! The addition of peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils also gives it disinfectant properties and a wonderful fresh scent.
This pure soap is made without unnecessary thickeners, so it is best transferred to a foaming pump bottle.
Use for: cleaning floors, laundry, dishes, furniture, bathrooms, and more.
- 2 Tbsp for a normal laundry load
- Use neat in a foamer on dishes or 2 Tbsp into dishwater (will not foam)
- Use 2-4 Tbsp in 3L hot water for clean floors
- Use in a foaming pump bottle as a general household cleaner, including benchtop cleaner, windows, spots on carpet, tiles etc.
- Use as a toilet cleaner by sprinkling directly in the bowl then scrubbing.
- Use directly on a cloth to clean surfaces such as walls, architraves, or skirting.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons into a small bucket of hot water and use it as a warm cleaner on surfaces, tables, benches, floors, or outdoor furniture.
- Pop some in a foaming bottle as used directly on windows as an effective window cleaner.
The list is endless!
FAQ answered by the makers
Is the liquid Castile soap with essential oils safe to be used around babies/ children?
We use the essential oils in safe amounts – so yes – plus the soap can be diluted. Our natural cleaning soap is non-toxic, so is safe for use around allergies, babies and kids and pets. It is gentle yet effective.
Is it safe for septic tanks?
Our soap is septic tank safe and will not pollute waste systems.
“Liquid Castile Soap contains no thickeners and therefore has a thinner viscosity. This does not affect its performance, rather reflects it’s natural pure makeup.
It is best used neat in a foaming pump bottle to go a long way! Or can be diluted and used in a spray bottle
Has heaps of uses too! “
This product is the only liquid Kokonati product that comes in plastic instead of a glass bottle. But we did the homework; it is made of recyclable material and can be disposed of in the curbside collection recyclables bin to be remade into fence posts and other consumable packaging, recycled right here in New Zealand.
The only reason we made the hard decision to use a plastic bottle is that a soap product will be used in a wet environment and could easily slip when handling and cause damage if packed in glass.