Nutrient-Dense & Versatile Low-calorie shiitake mushrooms are rich in a variety of vitamins, minerals and health-promoting compounds. Shiitake can be consumed as food or in supplement form.
Uses Use it to add instant nutritious and meaty flavor to any food. Some ideas to incorporate shiitake mushroom powder daily:
- Ideal for savoury baked goods, bread rolls, garlic bread, pies, quiche, frittata and tarts.
- Lightly fry cooked rice, pasta, or noodles in a teaspoon of coconut oil or butter then stir through mushroom powder for instant umami flavor
- Stir into stews, stir-fries, soups, and curry
- Use in crumb coating or sprinkle on hot fries/ nachos
- Add to dumpling dough
- Make hot tea
Flavor Dried Shiitake mushroom powder has an intensified umami flavor compared to the fresh mushroom and can quickly elevate the taste profile of any dish. The color of the powder can vary lightly, depending on the harvest and season . This is a natural product that had not undergone chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
Ingredient 100% Shiitake.
Packed in a facility handling Gluten, Milk, Sesame, Soy, Tree nuts and Sulphites
Storage Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, natural shiitake mushroom powder remains safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture.
Our promise There is nothing else.
No refining, No coloring.
Shiitake mushrooms have been researched to have several health benefits :
- Have antimicrobial properties
- An active antioxidant
- Boosts Immunity
- Absorbs excessive salt and could even reduce stress and anxiety due to excessive salt in the body.
- Could even treat the common cold
Read more research-based information, here.
1000 years of expertise Mushroom cultivation started in China, Zhejiang, in the Sung dynasty, centuries ago. Chinese valued these fungi for medicinal and culinary purposes. 89% per cent of all the mushrooms consumed around the world originate from China. As mushrooms are infuriatingly perishable, it only makes sense to us to use the dried and powdered variety, stocking it as a pantry essential, so the therapeutic benefits can still be had. Dried mushrooms, slices and powder reduce the carbon footprint of importing fresh ones that also run the chance of spoiling even before arrival.
Loyalty Just as we are fiercely loyal to the millers and families we work with, we also want to reward you, for your loyalty. So every time you purchase any product you can also collect rewards points that can be redeemed for a discount at checkout. Remember to sign up for the reward points (the tab on the far mid-right edge of this screen) to start collecting it from you very first order!
Packaging and recycling mixed sizes, packed in resealable pouch.
Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin.
- ALLERGENS & PRECAUTIONSA natural component of shiitake mushrooms, lentinan can cause a reaction such as Shiitake dermatitis in a small percentage of its consumers, especially when shiitake mushrooms or its powder is consumed raw.
- “Shiitake Dermatitis is a skin eruption that resembles whiplash marks and occurs after consumption of raw shiitake mushrooms. It is caused by a toxic reaction to lentinan, a thermolabile polysaccharide which decomposes upon heating”
- To avoid this happening, please ensure this product is properly heated to avoid any possible reaction. If there are any known allergies and sensitivities to foods and their naturally occurring components, please check with your doctor before trying it out.