Tropical mix Ceylonese Mango, Pineapple, Papaya, Banana, Soursop and coconut taste amazing together! This pack contains these fruits, simply cut and dried from the tropical island of Ceylon. No sweeteners, No preservatives, No added sugar. Just simply dried from raw fruits and coconut, and packed into every HEIRLOOM Organic Mixed fruit bits pack.
Ideal to use as a topping for cereal, ice cream, bliss-balls and salads.
- Toss a handful of dried mixed fruit bits into your favorite smoothie
- Use them in baked goods like muffins and bread
- Blend into homemade salad dressing, savory sauces, and dips
- Mix them with nuts and other dried fruit for an energy-packed snack
- Incorporate with almond butter, and puréed dates to make healthy energy balls
- Replace refined-sugar dried fruits in cookie recipes
Flavor This mixed fruit bits is very tropical in taste, naturally sweet and richly aromatic of all the fruits in it. This product is harvested and produced in a cottage industry initiative that does not use any chemical refining, additives, or preservatives to standardize the product.
Ingredient Organic dried; 20% soursop (graviola/guanabana), 20% papaya, 20% pineapple, 20%mango, 10% coconut, and 10% banana
From produce grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). Packaged in a facility that also processes cashew.
Storage Keep airtight in the pantry, away from sunlight and damp. Its potency and flavor remain strong as long as it is stored airtight. With a best before of two years from the manufacture date, these mixed fruit bits remain safe to use for even longer periods as long as it is stored with minimal exposure to light, air, and moisture. This is why HEIRLOOM mixed fruit bits are packed at the origin, in the very region it is harvested from. This seals the freshness and reduces exposure from day one until the pack is opened by you. A slight color change is possible as the product is completely free of sulfites or other nasties that would otherwise keep them brightly colored.
Our promise There is nothing else. No refining or coloring. 100% zero-waste, no bi-products. This product is internationally accredited by Control Union; Certified Organic (EU and USDA NOP), ISO and/or HACCP certified.
Benefits This combination of tropical dried fruits easy to consume as a healthy snack has a plethora of impressive health benefits :
- Rich in manganese, copper, and vitamins A, B6, and C; supports healthy eyesight and skin while also boosting bone health, reproductive, and immune system, the body’s energy production, and tissue synthesis
- Phytochemicals in mango have been researched to suppress fat cells and fat-related genes
- Rich in healthy antioxidants which neutralize free radicals that can cause damage to cells and lowers the risk of chronic diseases.
- Have bioactive compounds with anti-inflammatory potential.
- Could help regulate healthy blood sugar levels
- Some research has even proved mango/ soursop/ papaya/ pineapple extracts could help reduce the growth of cancer cells.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme-linked to reducing inflammation, improved digestion, heart health, and immunity
- Healthy antioxidants called carotenoids and lycopene in papaya are easily absorbed by the body compared to carotenoids in other fruits and vegetables
- The combination of lycopene and vitamin C rich papaya has shown a visible reduction in facial wrinkles and even redness from sunburn
- The enzyme papain in papaw supports protein digestion and can contribute to easing constipation and bloating.
100+ years of expertise Our Dried Mixed fruit bits’ sales supports the traditional livelihoods of villagers in the fertile regions of Sri Lanka where all these fruits grow abundantly and are harvested by traditional methods and allows village populations to utilize their age-old knowledge and expertise to survive in this modernized and mechanized world of manufacture by producing this 100% natural unrefined product. Backed by generations of expertise of the harvesters, and packed in a certified ISO and Organic processing mill, this product plays a vital role in the employment, welfare, and wellbeing of the rural village community. The children of our workforce are provided with school books and stationery for the entire school year. The mill also organizes religious and cultural events to inculcate a sense of belonging to a bigger cause, bringing a sense of pride and community to the villagers who are using age-old knowledge, treading lightly, and making a living for their families, sustainably.
Price for quality Our products are not mass-produced in vast industrialised factories. So we do not enjoy the economies of scale that supermarket brands do. We pay the millers and farmers a fair price. Specifically, batch-crafted for New Zealand, Kokonati & Heirloom products are made with multigenerational expertise and knowledge to be the best quality they can be and so easily justify the premium price for the premium quality you are getting.
Loyalty Just as we are fiercely loyal to the millers and families we work with, we also want to reward you, for your loyalty. So every time you purchase an Heirloom product you also collect rewards points that can be redeemed for a discount at checkout. Remember to sign up for the reward points (the tab on the far mid-right edge of this screen).
Packaging and recycling 100g bag-in-box. 2.5kg bag. Dispose of the soft plastic bag in the supermarket collection bin. The card box can be disposed of in your recycling bin. The reason we use a clear bag for dried fruits is so you can see the product in the clear window before you buy it and because the product potency is preserved without exposure to air or moisture. The box protects the product by reducing exposure to light.
Possible precautions: All of the above fruits are considered safe for most people. It is advisable to consult your healthcare provider or registered dietitian to make sure it’s safe to consume it, alongside any prescription medication or for particular therapeutic uses.