Activated Nut and Seed bread
Gluten-free Vegan bread
Soaked and activated seeds and nuts baked into a a moist bread that stores well too! Overnight soaking time needs to be included.
- ¼ cup Kokonati Organic Coconut flour
- 3 tbsp Kokonati Organic Virgin Coconut oil melted
- 1½ tbsp Kokonati Organic Coconut Nectar
- ½ - 1 tsp Heirloom Pepper powder
From other grocery shopping
- 2-3 cups filtered water use as needed
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp chia seed ground
- 1½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- small pinch of dried tarragon
- 9 X 5 in bread loaf pan lined with baking paper
- Large & small mixing bowl
- Measure the nuts/seeds first, and soak the overnight ones. Drain and spread on an absorbent tea towel or napkin to dry excess moisture.
- In a food processor grind flax & chia seeds until fine. Grind together almonds, sunflower seeds, until a moist crumbly powder is formed.
- Place grounds seeds and nuts in a large mixing bowl and combine with the other dry ingredients (oats, pumpkin seeds, psyllium husk, sesame seeds, coconut flour)
- Now combine contents of the small mixing bowl with the contents of the large mixing bowl, adding more water if required to form a doughy texture. Stir until well combined- the psyllium husk, chia, flax seeds, and coconut flour will rapidly absorb the water and create a dough texture
- Pour the dough mixture into the prepared bread loaf pan.
- Evenly spreading the mixture and press down until firm and flat on the top.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours (or more). This is important as the chia seeds, flax seeds, psyllium, and coconut flour will have more time to absorb the liquid and soften.
- Preheat oven to 170 °C
- Bake for 60 minutes, remove bread loaf pan .
- Gently flip the hot (fragile) brad onto a tea towel and place the bread loaf (without the pan) directly onto the baking rack in the centre of the oven, bake for an additional 40-60 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Let cool at room temperature before slicing
- Store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- You can also freeze this loaf in individual slices.