Creamy Coconut Tuna curry Ceylonese style
Creamy Tuna Coconut curry
Kiwi-ized version of a Sri Lankan creamy coconut tuna curry
From your fresh shopping:
- 500 gr Fresh Tuna cut into 5cm x 5cm cubes
- 1 sliced brown or white onion
- 2 sliced green chillies
- 1 tbsp lime/ lemon juice
- 1 '' Heirloom Ceylon Cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp Heirloom Ceylon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Heirloom Garcinia Cambogia powder
- 400 ml Kokonati Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp red chillie powder for spicy version
- salt to taste
Optional - Courgettes ,carrots, beans or boiled potatoes can be added to make it a one pot main.
- Wash tuna with lime/lemon juice and cool water
- Use a wide pan place fish cubes without overlapping each other
- Add all ingredients and enough water (1/2 cup) to cover the tuna pieces, retaining half the coconut milk to add at the end for extra creaminess. If creaminess is not a must, all the coconut milk may be added at once too.
- Bring to boil quickly and simmer over low heat ( approx 25-30 minutes) until the curry starts to thicken slightly and the fish is cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice or toasted bread.